Thursday, July 31, 2014

Do you know any good illustrators?

No. And that's the problem.

Well, actually, let me rephrase that. I know a great illustrator. His name is Corey Egbert. He illustrated Tiny Talks last year and he's doing it again this year and I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

Unfortunately Corey is so great that he's now become über popular and busy and agented and such.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy for him. But... that does mean that he's probably too busy for me to keep using him for every book I write.

Which brings me back to the original question. For this post it's more of a question for you, my wonderful friends and family and blog readers (all three of you). I'm actually asking you all if you happen to know anyone who might be interested in illustrating a book I'm writing.

If you or someone you know is an illustrator, please contact me. This is a legit project that's coming out probably a year from now and I'd be splitting royalties with you. And it's full color. And I'd want to see a sample of your work. And if you have more questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Oh, and hey while I'm on the subject, guess what, guys: I have a new book I'm writing. I think I mentioned it on here in passing once before but now it's for realsies.

Details (still subject to change):
- It's going to be a board book. So like for toddlers.
- Its coming out probably next August.
- It's going to have a Book of Mormon theme.
- And it's going to be AWESOME!

Not because of anything I do. But I already know my editors and they're amazing. It's a definite perk of working for your publisher. :)

So anyway I'm excited.

And please do comment here or on Facebook if you know an illustrator. I'd love to find someone I can partner with long term since I plan to keep on writing. It's not all that lucrative but it's really fun! I promise.

Oh, and it doesn't really matter if the person is LDS or not. Just to clarify.

Kthxbye!

PS--I promise to blog more as soon as I have internet at home. Which I will soon.

Probably.

PPS--I hope you all appreciate that I walked over to the Springville library late at night so I could sit outside it and borrow their wifi to post this. And there are mosquitos out tonight!

Honestly. The things I go through for you people.

PPPS--Just kidding. I love you guys. Totally worth the mosquito bites. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment