Thursday, November 6, 2014

What's the deal with November?

Dear Blog,

Remember how in June I said I was going to blog every day? Well, I think November is going to be the opposite of that. I have all kinds of things I want to talk to you about. Like whether it's better to be a creator or a consumer. Or how I've decided my apartment is too big for me so I've moved out of half of it. Or what I think about Once Upon a Time.

But the fact of the matter is, I have only so much room in my brain and time in my day for writing. And there are times when I need to prioritize. Right now that means you'll just have to wait.

You see, November for me means National Novel Writing Month. I've actually never officially completed 50,000 words in a single month, which is what the goal is supposed to be. But last year the book I started writing actually turned into something. And now I'm working on its sequel, which is super, super exciting!

And what with that and writing at work and keeping a journal (which is a non-negotiable habit for me), I'm afraid my writing resources have been stretched a little thin lately. So I thought I'd post this just to say that I hope you all have a wonderful November and I'll see you next month, after I'm finished drafting!

Speaking of which, I'm going to get back to it! Happy early Thanksgiving!! I'm grateful for you this year, friends. Thanks for all your love and support. It means the world to me.

—H.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment