Friday, June 6, 2014

How does your garden grow?

Really well! It's quite surprising!

I always expect the worst when I garden, so it's always a surprise when things actually sprout and grow bigger and then become real plants with leaves and everything.

So far I've only planted my planter box at work and all I planted was corn because as it turns out, corn requires a lot of space to grow properly. Which meant I didn't have room for anything else.

I suspect that this tendency to expect the worst hints at some deep psychological flaw I have, but I don't really want to get into all that right now. I'm much too busy catching up on Sherlock via Netflix.

And besides, I'd rather show you these cute photos of my corn plants.


Don't judge me for not thinning them yet. I hate doing it. I'll probably just end up letting them grow all close together. Well, actually I'll probably shift them all around so that they're not too close and then all the ones I move and half the ones I don't will be so disturbed by my messing with them that they'll wilt and die. Oh well. It was  fun while it lasted.


I haven't named them yet or anything, but I might eventually. At this point there's still a chance we could get a late freeze that kills them all off.

See what I mean about expecting the worst?

Okay, that's all you get from me today. I'm really, really busy. We're talking hours of television that need to be watched.

See you all tomorrow. Sometime after my first 5K. Pretty sure I'm going to hate it. I love walking but only as a solitary activity. Crowds are the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment