Monday, June 2, 2014

Where are the top 10 places you'd love to travel?

These are probably not in order. But that's okay.

1. India. I have always wanted to go to India. Ever since I read Frances Hodgson Burnett. And especially after I got into Bollywood movies and music. Oh, and the food. Mmmmm.... so good. :)


2. I would love to go back to Spain someday. I went there on a study abroad trip in high school and then visited again a few years later when I was in college and my grandparents were living in Madrid. It is such a fascinating place. Really unique cultural history. And the climate is a lot like California, which is fun.


3. Morocco. I've been so close to it and yet so far across the Mediterranean that I feel like I didn't get close enough.


4. The United Arab Emirates. I did a report on this country when I was in high school and promptly decided it was pretty much the only place in the Middle East that I must see before I die.


5. Gouda, The Netherlands. Best episode of House Hunters International EVER.


6. South Africa. I don't really know why. Just seems like an interesting country. And maybe I like the idea of seeing both the north and south extremes of Africa. Of course, I'd also like to visit the Seychelles, which I think are technically in Africa too. Don't quote me on that. I'm not the best at geography.


7. New Zealand. This is mostly about the climate. It would be such a nice, restful place, I think. And I can imagine some fantastic hiking.


8. Argentina. My dad served his mission here so I've always wanted to go back with him. Plus according to my high school Spanish teacher, it's a very European country, even though it's in South America. I'm intrigued. I must see it in person someday.


9. France. To practice the French I don't actually speak but have learned enough of to pronounce tolerably. I think.


10. The Czech Republic. Where my brother served his mission. And if I could include Austria on this trip, that'd be awesome. Vienna sounds amazing.


11. I totally forgot about Venice! Ugh. I'm going to have to take another look at this list. I don't even have Asia on here.

Wow. That list sounds awesome.

If only I had a current passport. . . 

In the meantime, we can all enjoy a mini-trip around the world with this game. Which is really good fun if you're in the mood to get dropped off in the middle of nowhere and guess your way back to civilization.


Seriously, though, it's fun. You should try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment